Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Days After.......

Well it is Wednesday.... 2 days after my mom's breast cancer surgery. Monday was a very exhausting day, and long. We got up at 7am and we did not get home that night until 9pm. My mother did a great job considering we was at the hospital all day long with nothing to eat or drink. That would make anyone nervous. The 2 surgeries before my moms ran into trouble, and it did not help that they let my mom know that. But surgery went well, and the Dr was great. She told us she got all the cancer, and my mom would be leaving Enole Cancer free.. But we still need to wait until all test come back to confirm what the Dr told us. Now we are just waiting again. But hopes are high, and we will leave the rest in Gods hands. We have had so many prayer and family thinking of us it has been wonderful.
My father has been a great help to my mom and has said he would help her in any way. Him, my aunt Lydia, and my cousin's daughter Trin joined us at the hospital. It was a great feeling to have them there for emotional support. Our family loves my mother alot. And i have had great support from all our wonderful friends old and new. My phone has been ringing off the hook, with my mothers friends calling. They have heard via Face book about my mother and are wondering why she has not told them. My only answer i could give was that she is scared and doe snot want to worry anyone. But like my mother wonderful doctor has told her. Be Proud and tell people who ask how her summer was, That i had breast cancer surgery and spent my summer recovering from breast cancer and doing radiation. and that 1 in 8 women will get breast cancer. we are lucky that she is here to share her story with others. That story is... She is 51, she gets her mammogram every year, and this year they found the cancer. many women her age are scared to know, and i feel my mom should educate women young and old and tell them.



Yesterday Christopher crawled in bed with my mother to take a nap. I know my mom is going to kick my butt when she sees this picture.. Oh well i have been i way worse trouble that this....

No comments: