Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Christopher First Day of Preschool

Jaime and I have been checking out Preschools in the Yuba City and Marysville area since Jaime took the job at Englebright. We decided on a School Called Fusion Preschool Academy. They are opening a new school down the street from where we live in October. So for now we will drive him to the one in Yuba City. We decided on Tuesday/Thursday until the end of August. If he is adjusted in the 2 1/2 weeks then in September we will have him go Monday/Wednesday/Friday. Then when the new Fusion "Little Cone Zone" opens in October he will be going there 5 days a week. It is nice that we get to ease him into school instead of forcing him to go. This way he will be able to enjoy it and relax. It was funny when my mother was up on Monday I was telling her how happy i was he would be able to start Preschool. She said that i was going to be crying and all. I was like what ever. She said you'll see how hard it is to let him go and know that he is growing up.
Christoper's first day was On Tuesday August 17th. He needs to be there @ 830am. So we left our house about 815. After we crossed over the Yuba Bridge, i turned around to see what he was doing. He had a sad look on his face. I told him that we were going to his new school, he just shook his head yes. A couple seconds later he told him his tummy was hurting, and that he was not sure if he should go to school. I laughed "to my self" and told him he would be OK and that he would make a lot of new little friends, and he would get to sing, and learn. He just shook his little head yes. I reassured him, that after he ate lunch i would come pick him up. So when we pulled into the school, he told me his tummy hurt again. So i told him i would give him hug and kiss when we got out of the car. As soon as he was out of the car, he threw up twice. and then told me he was scared. I told him i loved him and he would be OK. I then told him that since he was not feeling well we could go home. He said he wanted to still go to school. ;)
So we went in and pretty much said our goodbyes and he looked happy to see the other child. He was for sure very nervous and cautious as he looked around, he had only been there once before on a tour. I could see that he was watching the other children and seeing what they were doing. He hugged and kissed me and i say goodbye.
Sure enough i was crying all the way home. It is hard to believe that Christopher has come so far,
since our move to California. Seeing him grow and learn more everyday. I did not take the camera inside with me, i was not sure since he got sick. I don't want him being uncomfortable. so here are the few i got before we left home.



PS Teacher said he did great the first day, listened well, and fit in great with the other children.

No comments: