Sunday, November 29, 2009

What are we thankful for this year.......

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful for many things. Having a wonderful family, that stands by one another in a time of need. I'm thankful to have my mother in my life, and having her 1 step closer to being Cancer Free. I'm thankful that my husband has a job and that he is able to provide for our family, and is able to make our life joy able. I'm thankful for what i have in my life today, it does not have to be the 50' plasma TV or new clothes. It can simply be a roof over our heads and food to eat. Though we are able to have material things in our life's, they are not that important to me. As long as our family reminds in our lives, and we stand by each other. I'm always hearing that people are so upset that they don't have the things they want. But if we are thankful for what we have today, we will always end up with more than we wanted. and if we are concentrating on the things we don't have, we will never have enough.....

“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” –W.T. Purkiser



Thanksgiving 2009




This year Jaime offered to work Thanksgiving.... Though i was upset at first, i knew it was the right choice. My parents came to stay with us for the week, and it gave me the opportunity to make my first real Thanksgiving Dinner. And of course i wanted to try my grandmother cornbread stuffing. Christopher wanted to make sugar cookies first thing in the morning, so we got those out of the way. He seen me make a fresh apple and pumpkin pie, and he wanted to help. I figured that was the easiest way to let him roll some dough out. I cooked the ham and turkey in a bag. I really felt the turkey was dry and next year i wont cook it in a bag. I will have to say i felt i did a great job on the stuffing, and it was a hit. Not sure if it was as good as grannies, maybe next year we can have a stuffing "Throw Down" On our menu was
  • 13 pound Turkey
  • 9 pound ham
  • fresh green beans
  • butternut squash
  • turkey gravy
  • garlic mash potato's
  • Grannie's cornbread stuffing
  • mushroom risotto
  • sweet rolls
  • apple pie
  • pumpkin pie
  • sugar cookies




P.S. That morning i told everyone we would be going around the table and saying what we were thankful for... My mother said you better not be thankful for anything that will make me cry... So when it came time to go around the table. I let her go first.
She was thankful that we were all together and that Lynn test all come by negative, and that we still have both of them in our lives. So she made us all cry.....

No comments: