Friday, December 11, 2009

Remembering a great Friend


Lori McElyea
I remember waking up on Dec 6th and checking my facebook page. I seen that a friend bill had posted this as his status:

NEED ASSISTANCE. My wife Lori McElyea has been missing since last night. Last seen leaving our house @ 8:00pm driving blue 2008 Ford Edge Lic. 6DKD346 She did not have her purse/cell phone. Police have listed her as a missing person but we need your help. If you have seen or heard from her call me @916-397-1269. We are... going to try to assemble large search party @9:00 am. @ Woodcreek HS parking lot.

Jaime had just left for work, and i emailed him right away. Both of us were in complete shock. I was not quit sure what to think. At first i though Bill was joking. "it is very sad to say i was hoping that is all is was" So i posted it to my facebook page right away. and so many of my friends that did not even know Lori, posted it to there in hope that they could help our friends family. Im sad to say it has been to long since i have seen Bill and Lori, and we have got to hang out. But me and Jaime both remember all the great times that we spent with them and all our wonderful friends in Sacramento.
All day i could only think about Bill and his family and the pain they were going through, having their wife and mom missing. Knowing that Lori had breast cancer, and knowing that she was sick again, made me think of my mom.
I remember my mom calling that morning, and i was very upset. I was not sure if i wanted to tell her about Lori. I had told my mom many times about Lori in the past, and her battle with breast cancer. I didn't want my dear mother worried. But i felt in needed to tell her, and yes she was very sad to. After hearing the story unfold. We all knew she was in a better place. And until we are in someone shoes, we will never know how it feels to be in pain....
It was great getting to celebrate Lori's life. She has so many wonderful friends and family. You could see it in the room. So many people loved her dearly. She will be greatly missed and loved. She has given inspiration to so many women that she doesn't even know. She was a strong women, who fought very hard in some many ways. And this is how i want to remember her. THE END....

No comments: